Sabtu, 20 November 2010

Did the job.

bike review Rust Oleum 1974502 Painters Touch Semi Gloss

Rust Oleum 1974502 Painters Touch Semi Gloss

Goes on silky, dries quickly with a great "skin" -- I SHOULD have used primer on the (poplar) wood but the Rustoleum was forgiving enough and gave me a tough weatherproof finish. Next -- I will paint my old exercise cycle - I already did a test strip of it and the Rustoleum looks great -- I will not sand this cycle because it is so old that the old paint may be lead-based, so I will just put a couple of coats of Hunter Green on it -- 2 days apart (I am doing this on my balcony, in the sun) and let it be -- it's not like I am going for any awards -- I just want to use the cycle without staring at the rust spots.

Next project will be some old weathered wooden lattice-- I already did a test strip on that and it is soaking up the paint. I know it WILL look good after 2 coats.

I've been using Rustoleum paints for over 35 years - when it still contained (25%) Menhaden fish oil in the base-- and (LOL) once when I had used the base coat inside my car's fender wells and had all the doors and windows open to air and dry it out, a neighbor's cat waltzed into my car and snif sniff sniffed -- trying to find out where the fishies were.

Get your Rust Oleum 1974502 Painters Touch Semi Gloss Now!

8 komentar:

  1. I was very pleased with the results I got from this paint. I wouldn't hesitate to use it again or recommend it to a friend.

    BalasHapus
  2. Rust-Oleum, Satin Espresso paint is worth it's weight in gold. Excellent coverage, durability and a beautiful color. This product sells out quickly in the stores so I was glad I found it on Amazon. I highly recommend it!!!

    BalasHapus
  3. I once painted (albeit briefly) for a living - tough work - so I was exposed to a lot of different paints both oil and water based. I have used this paint for years on both exterior and interior projects - rocking chairs, doors, trim, furniture, etc. It is extremely durable - I'm actually very amazed. I have washed it with various chemicals on the exterior trim for years and it still looks pristine. It glides on easily and washes up quickly. If you use raw wood, this paint creates a seal and almost seems to stain the wood. I used it on some outdoor rocking chairs and 5 years later, they look NEW! No joke - this is such a good product and the odd thing is, I can't find it in the stores anymore and have to pay shipping costs by buying it online. I highly recommend this paint both to novice and professional painters alike!

    BalasHapus
  4. I painted my mobile home ( exterior, metal siding) with this product. Looks great after many years, no chipping or other problems. 2 thumbs up !!!

    BalasHapus
  5. Paint went on smoothly and easily. No issues with shipping or using can (no dents etc.). Product was easy to clean up (water based).

    BalasHapus
  6. Goes on silky, dries quickly with a great "skin" -- I SHOULD have used primer on the (poplar) wood but the Rustoleum was forgiving enough and gave me a tough weatherproof finish. Next -- I will paint my old exercise cycle - I already did a test strip of it and the Rustoleum looks great -- I will not sand this cycle because it is so old that the old paint may be lead-based, so I will just put a couple of coats of Hunter Green on it -- 2 days apart (I am doing this on my balcony, in the sun) and let it be -- it's not like I am going for any awards -- I just want to use the cycle without staring at the rust spots.

    Next project will be some old weathered wooden lattice-- I already did a test strip on that and it is soaking up the paint. I know it WILL look good after 2 coats.

    I've been using Rustoleum paints for over 35 years - when it still contained (25%) Menhaden fish oil in the base-- and (LOL) once when I had used the base coat inside my car's fender wells and had all the doors and windows open to air and dry it out, a neighbor's cat waltzed into my car and snif sniff sniffed -- trying to find out where the fishies were.

    BalasHapus
  7. Used it to paint a dresser for my sons room. 3 coats gave me a great rich navy finish. Good purchase.

    BalasHapus