Rabu, 22 Desember 2010

Yes, it's that good.

wtches Legends Get It Various Artists

Legends Get It Various Artists

Another reviewer wrote that he loved the album but had a hard time staying with Murdoch in the emotional terrain that he mines in "Time without consequences". I can relate because Murdoch is a rare artist that can write soul wrenching lyrics of introspection and yearning and emotionally deliver them with his vocals. John Trudell, Michael Franti, Bruce Cockburn, and Bob Dylan are a few that come to mind with that rare combination of ablilities. It is road rarely travelled by most singer songwriters being that most don't have the ability or at best flirt with it instead of committing to it.
The album is bold and haunting being that most of the songs don't particularly have a chorus or normal song structures. The songs kind of ebb and flow culminating into min-folk orchestras by the end of some of them. Some of Alexi's lyrics can be unintenitionally challenging like "Sometimes I feel like I'm drowning... ...We'll actually most of the time" in "I had a dream I could fly". This music is intense and soul searching not for the faint of heart!!!

Get your Legends Get It Various Artists Now!

7 komentar:

  1. Christopher Gaines25 Oktober 2010 pukul 06.32

    I was thinking of downloading some songs for my MP3 player this weekend and I need some ideas. I will consider just about any genre of music or any artist. Have any good suggestions? Thanks in advance for your help!

    BalasHapus
  2. I am an Early Childhood Education major and in one of my classes we are trying to gather music from different genres to put on a cd to play in the preschool classrooms. I was assigned Reggae and was wondering if anyone knew of any good Reggae songs that would be appropriate for young children to listen to. I do not listen to Reggae so I really don't even know where to begin looking. Any help is appreciated!

    BalasHapus
  3. I have begun to collect fairy art and am wondering if anyone might know where I may find more. At this point Amy Brown is one of my favorite artist. If you know of other life like mischeivious fairies, that might be of interest to me send me a note!

    BalasHapus
  4. For my GCSE mock exam, I've chosen to focus on mask making and its uses in disguising various aspects of the wearer's identity. Does anyone know where I can find information on an artist who is known for working with masks?

    BalasHapus
  5. I already have Portishead Dummy, but i like the trip hop sound so I was wondering which albums and artists are the best. Any suggestions?

    BalasHapus
  6. I'm workin on a project in school so i need a brief history for example history from 1917(or whenever it started im not sure when, various sources say 1914,1915, and 1917) and key personnel/ major players in the production, as i only know about Osamu Tezuka and he mainly did manga not anime. So yea any help would be appreciated cuz im kinda busy and we got a dance tomorrow so ill be quite busy.

    BalasHapus
  7. How did Bruce Lee effect American pop and movie culture? His movies seemed to have started the kung fu craze and stero type in the U.S. What exactly did he do to create this and become such a legend.

    BalasHapus